Can you believe it? It’s already back-to-school season. During this time of transition and overall busy-ness, sometimes school schedules get so hectic that it is difficult to stay healthy! Here are 5 tips for a healthy year!
1. Pack your lunch! Fill your lunch with nourishing, delicious foods that will work to keep your immune system functioning optimally.
Looking for some super fast & easy snack ideas? Check out Lum & Sue’s Real. Good. Food. We love their fresh, local foods & their bulk section for delicious nuts & dried fruits!
2. Don’t forget to eat breakfast! By now, we probably ALL know this tip, but it is SO important. Eating a delicious, nutrient-dense breakfast will set you up to have a much more productive and positive day! If you still haven’t been convinced to make breakfast a priority, read this article!
(TIP: Carve out time in your morning to make breakfast a ritual. A few minutes of quiet before your day starts is a perfect time to eat [and sip some tea or coffee!] mindfully!)
3. Eat (& pack!) brain foods! Some foods that work to improve focus and memory are blueberries, avocado, and dark chocolate (YAY!). Check out this article to learn more!
4. Stay connected to nature! When school starts, it’s difficult to make time to get outside and do fun things, but even taking a short walk outdoors after-school is amazing for both your physical & mental well-being! Soak up this beautiful, warm weather for as long as it lasts!
5. Already doing these things? Maybe try replacing your morning coffee with a green juice! 12 ounces of delicious green juice will flood your body with well-deserved nutrients, & your body will operate with a much higher amount of energy throughout the day. Drinking 1 juice each morning will set you up for success—in school AND in healthy eating!
Hesitant to make the transition? That’s okay. Maybe add a juice to your morning coffee, at first, to see the benefits! Then, slowly transition to only green juice! ALSO, Come in and chat with us in the juice bar! We have several green juices. Sample each of them to decide if replacing your coffee with juice is right for you!
Feel free to comment YOUR ways to stay healthy during the school year. Have an AMAZING, healthy school year!