White Birch Juice: Blue Melon (blueberries, watermelon, lemon, pineapple) We love Blue Melon because it's sweet, but not-too-sweet! It is satisfying and full of antioxidants & it's a beautiful indigo color (perfect to heal your third-eye chakra!).
What are your favorite ways to practice self-care & strengthen your intuition?
Post your response (we’d love to see photos too!) on our Facebook page. The post with the most likes at the end of the week (8/2/2015) will win a free juice!
As we near the end of August, we personally love to soak up every last drop of summer...what better way than to have a refreshing watermelon-y mojito?!
-1 cup Blue Melon (our yummy watermelon, lemon, pineapple, blueberry juice!)
-3/4 cup ice
-2oz white rum (optional: omit for a delicious virgin version!)
-5-10 mint leaves, chopped
-Blueberries (to garnish...we like frozen ones!)
Either mix, lightly blend, or shake: Blue Melon juice, ice, approximately about 1/2 of the mint leaves.
Transfer to a tall glass and top with sparkling water!
Garnish with mint, blueberries, and a fancy straw!
Ways to heal this chakra:
· Nutrition--Liquids: lots of water, fruit juices, herbal teas; tart or tangy fruits: lemons, grapefruits, limes; sweet fruits: apples, peaches, apricots
· Aromatherapy--Diffuse eucalyptus, fennel, geranium, rosemary, spearmint, or ginger essential oils.
· Healing activities--
White Birch Juice: Green Lemonade (kale, apple, lemon, ginger) This tangy green juice is light and refreshing! Lemon and ginger are amazing at healing & stimulating the throat! We love this juice at all times, but especially on a hot, summer day!
What is your favorite way to express yourself?
Do you write, sing, dance? We'd love to know!
Post your response (we’d love to see photos too!) on our Facebook page. The post with the most likes at the end of the week (8/30/2015) will win a free juice!
Did you know that our friends at Iron Mountain Crossfit are opening a new community fitness center in Damascus, VA? We are so excited.
AND THERE'S MORE...we will be opening a second location inside! YAY! We can't wait to spread our love of juice even more!
Keep your eyes peeled on our Facebook page for news regarding a specific opening date...it will be soon!
As always, we are SO GRATEFUL for your continued support. Without YOU, we couldn't even imagine opening a new location! You guys are amazing. Have a kale-tastic day! <3
White Birch Juice: Green Gold! (greens, celery, cucumber, apple, mint, lime)
Our most popular (and most-loved!) green juice! It's filled with green veggies and micronutrients, as well as a touch of apple, mint, & lime...so it really doesn't taste as healthy as it is! :)
What are YOU grateful for today?
Post your response (we’d love to see photos too!) on our Facebook page. The post with the most likes at the end of the week (8/23/2015) will win a free juice!
We are so excited to announce that we will be selling juice at Floyd Yoga Jam on Labor Day weekend, September 4-6!
If you have not yet heard about this festival, located in Floyd, VA, a destination for gorgeous scenery and rich culture, check out their website for details! From incredible yoga classes and workshops to an array of performers, it's sure to be amazing!
We hope to see you there! Namaste, juice-lovers!
White Birch Juice: Greeña Colada Smoothie (local greens, coconut water, pineapple, banana, orange, coconut) ...We love this delicious smoothie! It retains all of its healthy fiber, and includes several yellow fruits! It's also a perfect way to introduce green smoothies and juices into your diet without compromising flavor: a perfect way to initiate positive transformation in your health!
What makes YOU feel empowered and motivated?
Post your response (we’d love to see photos too!) on our Facebook page. The post with the most likes at the end of the week (8/16/2015) will win a free juice!
Can you believe it? It’s already back-to-school season. During this time of transition and overall busy-ness, sometimes school schedules get so hectic that it is difficult to stay healthy! Here are 5 tips for a healthy year!
1. Pack your lunch! Fill your lunch with nourishing, delicious foods that will work to keep your immune system functioning optimally.
Looking for some super fast & easy snack ideas? Check out Lum & Sue’s Real. Good. Food. We love their fresh, local foods & their bulk section for delicious nuts & dried fruits!
2. Don’t forget to eat breakfast! By now, we probably ALL know this tip, but it is SO important. Eating a delicious, nutrient-dense breakfast will set you up to have a much more productive and positive day! If you still haven’t been convinced to make breakfast a priority, read this article!
(TIP: Carve out time in your morning to make breakfast a ritual. A few minutes of quiet before your day starts is a perfect time to eat [and sip some tea or coffee!] mindfully!)
3. Eat (& pack!) brain foods! Some foods that work to improve focus and memory are blueberries, avocado, and dark chocolate (YAY!). Check out this article to learn more!
4. Stay connected to nature! When school starts, it’s difficult to make time to get outside and do fun things, but even taking a short walk outdoors after-school is amazing for both your physical & mental well-being! Soak up this beautiful, warm weather for as long as it lasts!
5. Already doing these things? Maybe try replacing your morning coffee with a green juice! 12 ounces of delicious green juice will flood your body with well-deserved nutrients, & your body will operate with a much higher amount of energy throughout the day. Drinking 1 juice each morning will set you up for success—in school AND in healthy eating!
Hesitant to make the transition? That’s okay. Maybe add a juice to your morning coffee, at first, to see the benefits! Then, slowly transition to only green juice! ALSO, Come in and chat with us in the juice bar! We have several green juices. Sample each of them to decide if replacing your coffee with juice is right for you!
Feel free to comment YOUR ways to stay healthy during the school year. Have an AMAZING, healthy school year!
Ways to heal this chakra:
· Nutrition-sweet, tropical fruits (mango, pineapple, melon, coconut), nuts & seeds, comforting spices (cinnamon, carob, vanilla); Lots & lots & lots of water!
· Aromatherapy-Diffuse orange or other citrus essential oils, or try flower-y oils such as rose or jasmine
· Healing activities-
White Birch Juice: Sweet Hydration (pineapple, coconut water, ginger, lemon)...This NEW juice is perfect to hydrate your body & satisfy your soul. We can't help but be happy when we drink this joyful juice!
What sparks your creativity? What makes you feel incredibly, undeniably joyful & free?
Post your response (we’d love to see photos too!) on our Facebook page. The post with the most likes at the end of the week (8/9/2015) will win a free juice!
Copyright 2014 White Birch Juice Company