1. This blog post discusses the consequences for your body after eating too much Halloween candy...and then gives some ways to prevent the sugar overload that the holidays bring!
2. We love fall for SO many reasons (ahem...pumpkin spice...everything?), but the sweet foods, cold weather, and more can cause havoc in your body! Here's a quick list of tips on how to stay healthy and happy during this time of year!
3. What's YOUR favorite fall food? You might want to reevaluate that (if it's not a root vegetable, that is!). Root veggies have so many wonderful nutrients and grounding qualities, and it is the perfect time time of year to FALL in love with them! Check out this guide to root vegetables--it provides everything from health benefits to preparation tips!
4. We love squash. And quinoa. And avocado. Here's a recipe that combines all of these incredible ingredients for one delicious, versatile, and filling meal!
5. It's really hard to give up the candy. We know. BUT, NO FEAR...we have a plan. Check out this recipe for CHOCOLATE CARAMEL TURTLES! They are vegan and free of refined sugar! YUM.
Have a happy November! (And don't forget! If you cleanse with a friend during the month of November...you get 10% off! Grab your buddy and get some yummy nutrients!)
Curious to how other people incorporate juicing and other activities into their lifestyle? We are! We are starting a NEW weekly series on the blog, interviewing our favorite customers, friends, and people!
First up, Bobby Brennan, a professional bassist and juice fanatic traveling to Abingdon to perform at the Barter Theatre! Check out his awesome juicing jingle!
Name: Bobby Brennan
Occupation: Professional bassist. I perform and travel with various artists and shows.
Fun facts/hobbies: I love to Juice! I love working out! I'm a Huge Fan of the New York Yankees and New York Giants, so i love to watch their games.
Favorite White Birch juice or smoothie: LOVE GREEN GOLD!
How do you find out about us? I knew I was performing at the Barter Theatre for 2 weeks, and I said Let me Google juice bars in Abingdon. TADA! I was so happy to see that you guys existed! Cause 3 years ago, There was NOTHING! :)
How does drinking juice and/or juicing fit into your life? Has it changed your lifestyle? How?
Since Feb of 2014, I have completed 215 days of juice rebooting. Also known as cleansing/fasting. It has become a part of me. It's part of my everyday life now, and till the day I leave this earth. It's changed my life in so many more ways then just losing weight! I hear better, see better, feel better. I'm way more alert. The list can go on and on. There's nothing better then giving your body these amazing nutrients!
Have you done a juice cleanse? If yes, tell us a little about your experience! What did you like about it? What was difficult?
I have done 2 60 day juice cleanses, 1 30 day, 1 15 day, and tons of 3 and 5 day cleanses as well. When not cleansing, I drink 2 juices a day and eat a plant based diet. The only difficult part for me on my juicing journey was day 3 of my very first cleanse. It was rough. I didn’t think I was going to be able to make it. BUT, I hung in there and I’m so glad i did, cause like my great friend Charles Bruno says, “ NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS I FEEL” :)
Is there anything else that you’d like to tell the readers of our blog?
Start drinking a juice or 2 a day! Get those nutrients into your blood stream! Just try it! Doesn’t hurt to try! But I guarantee you, you will love it. When you get some time, Watch my short film that I’m working on. Its a work in progress, but its coming along well. https://youtu.be/rNB8JFqCU2A
Also, visit my Facebook page, FAT GUY DRINKS JUICE. People of Abingdon, you’re sure lucky to have a great juice bar in your city! Take advantage of it :)
Thank you SO much Bobby for your amazing answers!
We hope you enjoy this new series! Have a suggestion for a future post or series? Comment below or post to our Facebook page!
Can you believe it? It’s already back-to-school season. During this time of transition and overall busy-ness, sometimes school schedules get so hectic that it is difficult to stay healthy! Here are 5 tips for a healthy year!
1. Pack your lunch! Fill your lunch with nourishing, delicious foods that will work to keep your immune system functioning optimally.
Looking for some super fast & easy snack ideas? Check out Lum & Sue’s Real. Good. Food. We love their fresh, local foods & their bulk section for delicious nuts & dried fruits!
2. Don’t forget to eat breakfast! By now, we probably ALL know this tip, but it is SO important. Eating a delicious, nutrient-dense breakfast will set you up to have a much more productive and positive day! If you still haven’t been convinced to make breakfast a priority, read this article!
(TIP: Carve out time in your morning to make breakfast a ritual. A few minutes of quiet before your day starts is a perfect time to eat [and sip some tea or coffee!] mindfully!)
3. Eat (& pack!) brain foods! Some foods that work to improve focus and memory are blueberries, avocado, and dark chocolate (YAY!). Check out this article to learn more!
4. Stay connected to nature! When school starts, it’s difficult to make time to get outside and do fun things, but even taking a short walk outdoors after-school is amazing for both your physical & mental well-being! Soak up this beautiful, warm weather for as long as it lasts!
5. Already doing these things? Maybe try replacing your morning coffee with a green juice! 12 ounces of delicious green juice will flood your body with well-deserved nutrients, & your body will operate with a much higher amount of energy throughout the day. Drinking 1 juice each morning will set you up for success—in school AND in healthy eating!
Hesitant to make the transition? That’s okay. Maybe add a juice to your morning coffee, at first, to see the benefits! Then, slowly transition to only green juice! ALSO, Come in and chat with us in the juice bar! We have several green juices. Sample each of them to decide if replacing your coffee with juice is right for you!
Feel free to comment YOUR ways to stay healthy during the school year. Have an AMAZING, healthy school year!
If you’ve been drinking White Birch Juice for a while, you might remember a time when we wrote a motivational quote on each juice bottle. Although we can’t do this anymore, we still want to provide you with a quick dose of inspiration.
With vacations and hot weather (& delicious treats like ice cream…), maintaining a healthy lifestyle can be pretty difficult. Here are 12 quotes to motivate you!